Arts:

Open Studios — Do you feel bogged down by books and repetition as you wade knee-deep through schoolwork, week after week? The artistic awaits you and it’s swimming right under the surface of the recent campus achievements being displayed in Open Studios. Dive into the creative blue and scope what’s new in drawing, painting, print media, sculpture, photography, intermedia and electronic arts. Open Studios runs in conjunction with the Digital Arts and New Media (DANM) Open Studios.

March 15, 2–4 p.m., UCSC Baskin Visual Arts Center

Entertainment:

Emancipator — Trip-hop goes gallivanting through the soundscape of the surreal, soaring along string arrangements and shimmering samples as the last remnants of chillwave and dub wash below on the rocky shores. Emancipator’s third full-length effort, “Dusk to Dawn,” bore down into the new year and parted the ominous clouds muting the electronic atmosphere. Official concert forecast: the only drops falling on your head will be of the aural variety. $15 in advance, $18 at door.

March 15, doors at 8:30 p.m., show at 9 p.m., the Catalyst, 21+ 

Events:

Women’s Heritage Month: “Decorate Your Soul” — In UC Santa Cruz’s annual “Sister Solidarity” month, join the dauntless crusaders of the on-campus Women’s Center for a grateful nod to suffragettes of old. Events include learning the craft of hip-hop dance, delicious luncheons, guided meditation and a comedy show headlined by Egyptian-American comedienne Maria Shehata.

March 5–15, visit womenscenter.ucsc.edu for schedule of events, UCSC Women’s Center